Welcome to the American Friends of the Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem. Established in 1985, the American Friends has been a vital part of the network of support that has enabled the BLMJ to grow and develop into one of Israel’s most important museums. The AFBLMJ has definitively influenced the development of the Museum through its vital support of
- Special Exhibitions – most recently
- By the Rivers of Babylon – displaying for the first time ever the Al-Yahudu Archive of the Babylonian Exile
- Angels & Demons, Jewish Magic Through the Ages
- Sound the Shofar – the Shofar as Witness to History
- PURE GOLD
- Innovative Educational programming appreciated by thousands of Israeli school children each year
- Community outreach programs such as
- Olim L’Museum for new immigrant populations to help them understand the ancient and contemporary history of the land of Israel
- The Image of Abraham—bringing together Jewish and Arab children to learn about our common heritage
- The purchasing and production of vital equipment for the museum such as the Audioguide in Hebrew and English which is distributed free with admission
I personally invite you to join us for some of our fascinating events and programs for our American Friends in the US and also for our activities in Jerusalem. We hope that these programs will enlighten and inspire you while encouraging more visitors to the BLMJ.
The American Friends of the Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem is eager to hear from you. I look forward to meeting you at our upcoming programs.
Amanda Weiss, Director
Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem